Teenage crash victims in Pennsauken, NJ identified
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the four Philadelphia teens involved in a deadly crash in Pennsauken, N.J.
It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Saturday on Route 73 and Hylton Road, when a car carrying four teens, all from Kensington, flipped over on an overpass.
Killed was 15-year-old Nick Tirado, who was traveling in the back seat and was thrown from the car on impact.
Injured were the driver, 19-year-old Moises Rivera; the front seat passenger, 15-year-old Miguel Cintron; and a second back seat passenger, 13-year-old Ryan Meeker.
The injured teens were treated at Cooper University Hospital and have been released.
Police tell Action News the four had spent the evening at the Cherry Hill Mall and were returning to Kensington when Rivera failed to negotiate a turn.
Police say Rivera was traveling over above the speed limit, but not excessively.
They say he may face motor vehicle charges but nothing criminal.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
10 min ago