Teenage crash victims in Pennsauken, NJ identified
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the four Philadelphia teens involved in a deadly crash in Pennsauken, N.J.
It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Saturday on Route 73 and Hylton Road, when a car carrying four teens, all from Kensington, flipped over on an overpass.
Killed was 15-year-old Nick Tirado, who was traveling in the back seat and was thrown from the car on impact.
Injured were the driver, 19-year-old Moises Rivera; the front seat passenger, 15-year-old Miguel Cintron; and a second back seat passenger, 13-year-old Ryan Meeker.
The injured teens were treated at Cooper University Hospital and have been released.
Police tell Action News the four had spent the evening at the Cherry Hill Mall and were returning to Kensington when Rivera failed to negotiate a turn.
Police say Rivera was traveling over above the speed limit, but not excessively.
They say he may face motor vehicle charges but nothing criminal.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 5 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 11 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 29 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 20 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 29 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
5 min ago