Teenage crash victims in Pennsauken, NJ identified
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the four Philadelphia teens involved in a deadly crash in Pennsauken, N.J.
It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Saturday on Route 73 and Hylton Road, when a car carrying four teens, all from Kensington, flipped over on an overpass.
Killed was 15-year-old Nick Tirado, who was traveling in the back seat and was thrown from the car on impact.
Injured were the driver, 19-year-old Moises Rivera; the front seat passenger, 15-year-old Miguel Cintron; and a second back seat passenger, 13-year-old Ryan Meeker.
The injured teens were treated at Cooper University Hospital and have been released.
Police tell Action News the four had spent the evening at the Cherry Hill Mall and were returning to Kensington when Rivera failed to negotiate a turn.
Police say Rivera was traveling over above the speed limit, but not excessively.
They say he may face motor vehicle charges but nothing criminal.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 53 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
17 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
44 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
53 min ago