Teenage crash victims in Pennsauken, NJ identified
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the four Philadelphia teens involved in a deadly crash in Pennsauken, N.J.
It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Saturday on Route 73 and Hylton Road, when a car carrying four teens, all from Kensington, flipped over on an overpass.
Killed was 15-year-old Nick Tirado, who was traveling in the back seat and was thrown from the car on impact.
Injured were the driver, 19-year-old Moises Rivera; the front seat passenger, 15-year-old Miguel Cintron; and a second back seat passenger, 13-year-old Ryan Meeker.
The injured teens were treated at Cooper University Hospital and have been released.
Police tell Action News the four had spent the evening at the Cherry Hill Mall and were returning to Kensington when Rivera failed to negotiate a turn.
Police say Rivera was traveling over above the speed limit, but not excessively.
They say he may face motor vehicle charges but nothing criminal.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 2 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 51 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
2 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
51 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
57 min ago