1 dead, 1 critical in Bustleton accident
BUSTLETON - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a crash that claimed the life of one person and critically injured another.
It happened around 3:45 a.m. on Grant Avenue near Krewstown Road in the Bustleton section of Philadelphia.
Police say a car was speeding as it traveled east on Grant.
The driver lost control, crossed Grant, and hit a tree.
Resident Charlie Keiper tells Action News it's the third accident in as many weeks along that bend of Grant Avenue.
Authorities say a car went out of control, struck a tree, and flipped over.
The car landed on its side.
A female passenger, said to be her in late teens to early 20s, was ejected from the car. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 19-year-old male driver was partially ejected and transported to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division in critical condition.
Their names have not been released.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed