1 dead, 1 critical in Bustleton accident
BUSTLETON - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a crash that claimed the life of one person and critically injured another.
It happened around 3:45 a.m. on Grant Avenue near Krewstown Road in the Bustleton section of Philadelphia.
Police say a car was speeding as it traveled east on Grant.
The driver lost control, crossed Grant, and hit a tree.
Resident Charlie Keiper tells Action News it's the third accident in as many weeks along that bend of Grant Avenue.
Authorities say a car went out of control, struck a tree, and flipped over.
The car landed on its side.
A female passenger, said to be her in late teens to early 20s, was ejected from the car. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 19-year-old male driver was partially ejected and transported to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division in critical condition.
Their names have not been released.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
10 min ago