Fire destroys 2 restaurants in NJ strip mall
MEDFORD, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled an overnight blaze at a Burlington County strip mall.
A passerby spotted the fire at the Ironstone Village Center on Stokes Road shortly before 2:00 a.m. and called police.
Fire officials tell Action News there were no hydrants in the area, so the water had to be trucked in.
The blaze was under control about an hour later, but the center of the shopping strip, including two restaurants, was heavily damaged.
One firefighter was taken to Virtua Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead 9 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Edgemoor dumpster explosion leaves 1 critical 46 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
9 min ago