Fire destroys 2 restaurants in NJ strip mall
MEDFORD, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled an overnight blaze at a Burlington County strip mall.
A passerby spotted the fire at the Ironstone Village Center on Stokes Road shortly before 2:00 a.m. and called police.
Fire officials tell Action News there were no hydrants in the area, so the water had to be trucked in.
The blaze was under control about an hour later, but the center of the shopping strip, including two restaurants, was heavily damaged.
One firefighter was taken to Virtua Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 1 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam 37 min ago
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion