Fire destroys 2 restaurants in NJ strip mall
MEDFORD, N.J. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled an overnight blaze at a Burlington County strip mall.
A passerby spotted the fire at the Ironstone Village Center on Stokes Road shortly before 2:00 a.m. and called police.
Fire officials tell Action News there were no hydrants in the area, so the water had to be trucked in.
The blaze was under control about an hour later, but the center of the shopping strip, including two restaurants, was heavily damaged.
One firefighter was taken to Virtua Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 38 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 24 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 23 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 21 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 20 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 27 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 18 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 31 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
28 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
38 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
24 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
31 min ago