4 injured in Montco head-on crash
LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were injured after a head-on crash overnight in Montgomery County.
At 12:39 a.m., a patrolling Lower Gwynedd police officer discovered a two vehicle crash on DeKalb Pike near Swedesford Road.
Police say a southbound Hyundai, operated by Jason Durrell of West Chester, collided with a northbound Kia occupied by a Chalfont couple.
Durrell and his passenger had to be extricated from their vehicle and were transported to Abington Memorial Hospital with unknown injuries.
A passenger in the Kia was also extricated and was transported to Lansdale Hospital, as was the driver.
The extent of their injuries is not known at this time.
The road was reopened around 5:00 a.m.
pennsylvania, accident, montgomery county, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 1 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 31 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police