Jenkintown bank robber caught on video
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are asking for the public's help in identifying the man wanted in the armed robbery of a PNC bank branch over the weekend.
According to police, it was approximately 11:35 a.m. Saturday when the suspect walked into the bank, located at 123 Old York Road in the Jenkintown section of Abington Township.
The man approached the counter and handed the teller a blue bag and a note. The note indicated that he was armed, and read in part "give me the money!"
The teller put an undisclosed amount of cash into the bag and handed it back to the suspect, who then fled from the bank on foot.
The man was last seen heading east on Lenox Road toward Meetinghouse Road.
Police say no gun was ever displayed and no one was injured in the incident.
The suspect is described as being brown skinned, standing approximately 6', husky build, and wearing mustard colored Carhartt-type coat and a burgundy colored Phillies cap.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact investigators at 267-536-1100.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 35 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 59 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos