Jenkintown bank robber caught on video
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are asking for the public's help in identifying the man wanted in the armed robbery of a PNC bank branch over the weekend.
According to police, it was approximately 11:35 a.m. Saturday when the suspect walked into the bank, located at 123 Old York Road in the Jenkintown section of Abington Township.
The man approached the counter and handed the teller a blue bag and a note. The note indicated that he was armed, and read in part "give me the money!"
The teller put an undisclosed amount of cash into the bag and handed it back to the suspect, who then fled from the bank on foot.
The man was last seen heading east on Lenox Road toward Meetinghouse Road.
Police say no gun was ever displayed and no one was injured in the incident.
The suspect is described as being brown skinned, standing approximately 6', husky build, and wearing mustard colored Carhartt-type coat and a burgundy colored Phillies cap.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact investigators at 267-536-1100.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 3 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 16 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ