Jenkintown bank robber caught on video
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are asking for the public's help in identifying the man wanted in the armed robbery of a PNC bank branch over the weekend.
According to police, it was approximately 11:35 a.m. Saturday when the suspect walked into the bank, located at 123 Old York Road in the Jenkintown section of Abington Township.
The man approached the counter and handed the teller a blue bag and a note. The note indicated that he was armed, and read in part "give me the money!"
The teller put an undisclosed amount of cash into the bag and handed it back to the suspect, who then fled from the bank on foot.
The man was last seen heading east on Lenox Road toward Meetinghouse Road.
Police say no gun was ever displayed and no one was injured in the incident.
The suspect is described as being brown skinned, standing approximately 6', husky build, and wearing mustard colored Carhartt-type coat and a burgundy colored Phillies cap.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact investigators at 267-536-1100.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ