Jenkintown bank robber caught on video
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are asking for the public's help in identifying the man wanted in the armed robbery of a PNC bank branch over the weekend.
According to police, it was approximately 11:35 a.m. Saturday when the suspect walked into the bank, located at 123 Old York Road in the Jenkintown section of Abington Township.
The man approached the counter and handed the teller a blue bag and a note. The note indicated that he was armed, and read in part "give me the money!"
The teller put an undisclosed amount of cash into the bag and handed it back to the suspect, who then fled from the bank on foot.
The man was last seen heading east on Lenox Road toward Meetinghouse Road.
Police say no gun was ever displayed and no one was injured in the incident.
The suspect is described as being brown skinned, standing approximately 6', husky build, and wearing mustard colored Carhartt-type coat and a burgundy colored Phillies cap.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact investigators at 267-536-1100.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, bank robbery, local/state
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 1 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
1 min ago