Fire in Lancaster kills 2, injures 3 firefighters
LANCASTER, Pa. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in central Pennsylvania say a woman and a 6-year-old girl died in a four-alarm fire that also injured three firefighters, one critically.
Emergency dispatchers said the blaze in Lancaster was reported shortly before 4:30 a.m. Monday.
The (Lancaster) Intelligencer/Lancaster New Era says Lancaster Fire Chief Tim Gregg told reporters that the 38-year-old woman and the girl were on the second floor and unable to escape the blaze.
Officials said a man and a teenage boy who were sleeping in the basement were able to reach safety.
Fire officials said one firefighter was flown to Crozer-Chester Medical Center with burn injuries and later listed in critical but stable condition. Two other firefighters were treated and released.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
pennsylvania, lancaster county, fire, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 4 min ago
- Temps Soar