South Street credit card fraud suspects sought
SOCIETY HILL - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are seeking the public's help in identifying two suspects in a credit card fraud case on South Street in Philadelphia.
According to investigators, the crime was uncovered when the victim realized that she had about $1,000 in unauthorized purchases on her credit card.
The woman told police she believed she was a victim of "skimming," because her credit card was still in her possession.
In an earlier Action News story, the Secret Service described "skimming " as a technique that criminals use to gather information either from a credit card or an ATM card.
Police say the two suspects were captured on surveillance video on February 6th, making purchases with the victim's credit card information at a Game Stop located in the 500 block of South Street.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 40-50 years-of-age, stocky build, dark complexion. He was wearing a gray knit ski cap, red style polo shirt, a dark colored "varsity" style jacket with leather looking sleeves with white letters "R W D C" on the back with an "R" on the left front and dark pants.
The second suspect is described as a black female, 20 years-of-age, thin build, medium brown complexion. She was wearing a dark colored 3/4 length coat, light colored pants and tan calf high boots.
*Anyone with information should contact 911 or submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
* You can also contact the Northwest Detectives Division @ 215-686-3353/3354.
fraud, society hill, philadelphia, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station