Survivor of Parkway crash is killed crossing lanes
KENILWORTH, N.J. - February 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 21-year-old southern New Jersey man survived a crash on the Garden State Parkway early Monday, only to be killed as he tried to cross several lanes of the busy highway afterward.
State police tell The Star Ledger of Newark that Luis Sarmiento, of Riverside, was found dead in the left southbound lane of the Parkway in Kenilworth around 12:45 a.m.
State police spokesman Sgt. Adam Grossman says the victim was struck by two vehicles.
A preliminary investigation shows Sarmiento left his car shortly after the accident and climbed over the center median to try to run across the southbound lanes.
Authorities spoke to the drivers of the vehicles that hit him, but no charges were immediately filed. The case remains under investigation.
Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com
new jersey, accident, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 58 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 12 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 9 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 18 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
10 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
18 min ago