Woman critical after jumping from window to escape fire in Philly
GERMANTOWN - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is hospitalized in critical condition after jumping out of a window to escape a fire in Germantown.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 5600 block of Baynton Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire on the second and third floors of the house.
At some point fire officials say a 49-year-old woman jumped from a second floor window to escape the flames.
The woman was rushed to an area hospital with a broken hip and head injuries.
She is listed in critical but stable condition.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 44 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 13 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million