Woman critical after jumping from window to escape fire in Philly
GERMANTOWN - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is hospitalized in critical condition after jumping out of a window to escape a fire in Germantown.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 5600 block of Baynton Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire on the second and third floors of the house.
At some point fire officials say a 49-year-old woman jumped from a second floor window to escape the flames.
The woman was rushed to an area hospital with a broken hip and head injuries.
She is listed in critical but stable condition.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 48 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
48 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos