Body found by road in Claymont, Delaware was homicide victim
CLAYMONT, Del. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man found dead by the side of a road in Claymont, Delaware was the victim of a homicide.
Paramedics were dispatched at 7:53 a.m. Monday after a passerby found the body in the 2100 block of Delaview Avenue.
That man, 43-year-old Wayne Cappelli of Claymont, died from blunt force trauma to the upper body, police said.
Investigators believe he was attacked on Saturday night at or near that location, and also said a vehicle may have been involved.
Police do not have any suspects in this case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact New Castle County Police Detectives at 302-395-8110 or call the non-emergency dispatch number 302-573-2800.
delaware, new castle county, body found, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more