Body found by road in Claymont, Delaware was homicide victim
CLAYMONT, Del. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man found dead by the side of a road in Claymont, Delaware was the victim of a homicide.
Paramedics were dispatched at 7:53 a.m. Monday after a passerby found the body in the 2100 block of Delaview Avenue.
That man, 43-year-old Wayne Cappelli of Claymont, died from blunt force trauma to the upper body, police said.
Investigators believe he was attacked on Saturday night at or near that location, and also said a vehicle may have been involved.
Police do not have any suspects in this case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact New Castle County Police Detectives at 302-395-8110 or call the non-emergency dispatch number 302-573-2800.
delaware, new castle county, body found, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ