Republic Bank robbery suspect caught on camera in Philadelphia
CENTER CITY - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are on the hunt for a bank bandit who struck in Center City Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
It happened at 9:35 a.m. at the Republic Bank branch in the 1800 block of Market Street.
Police say the suspect walked into the bank, handed the teller a demand note, then fled east on Market Street with an unknown amount of cash.
His face was recorded by a bank surveillance camera.
Investigators are looking for a dark-complected black man about 30 years old, 6 feet tall, with a slender build and a closely shaved goatee beard, wearing a black knit hat, brown waist-length jacket and sunglasses.
Anyone with information about the crime or the suspect is urged to call the FBI/Philadelphia Police Department Violent Crimes Task Force at 215-418-4000.
philadelphia, bank robbery, center city, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 41 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 33 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 37 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 26 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
46 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
43 min ago