Parx Casino suspect surrenders, returns $55,000 worth of chips
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in the theft of $55,000 worth of chips from Parx Casino has turned himself in and brought back with him all the stolen chips.
The suspect surrendered to casino police at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The 11 stolen chips, valued at $5,000 a piece, were all returned.
The suspect's name has not been released nor have charges been announced.
The incident took place Tuesday afternoon at Parx Casino in Bensalem.
Police say the male suspect was playing at a table game, grabbed the chips, and fled the casino.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance cameras.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, casinos, theft, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 37 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids