Parx Casino suspect surrenders, returns $55,000 worth of chips
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in the theft of $55,000 worth of chips from Parx Casino has turned himself in and brought back with him all the stolen chips.
The suspect surrendered to casino police at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The 11 stolen chips, valued at $5,000 a piece, were all returned.
The suspect's name has not been released nor have charges been announced.
The incident took place Tuesday afternoon at Parx Casino in Bensalem.
Police say the male suspect was playing at a table game, grabbed the chips, and fled the casino.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance cameras.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, casinos, theft, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!