Parx Casino suspect surrenders, returns $55,000 worth of chips
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in the theft of $55,000 worth of chips from Parx Casino has turned himself in and brought back with him all the stolen chips.
The suspect surrendered to casino police at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The 11 stolen chips, valued at $5,000 a piece, were all returned.
The suspect's name has not been released nor have charges been announced.
The incident took place Tuesday afternoon at Parx Casino in Bensalem.
Police say the male suspect was playing at a table game, grabbed the chips, and fled the casino.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance cameras.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, casinos, theft, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish