Parx Casino suspect surrenders, returns $55,000 worth of chips
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in the theft of $55,000 worth of chips from Parx Casino has turned himself in and brought back with him all the stolen chips.
The suspect surrendered to casino police at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The 11 stolen chips, valued at $5,000 a piece, were all returned.
The suspect's name has not been released nor have charges been announced.
The incident took place Tuesday afternoon at Parx Casino in Bensalem.
Police say the male suspect was playing at a table game, grabbed the chips, and fled the casino.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance cameras.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, casinos, theft, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 44 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 27 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
27 min ago