5 arrested in West Chester homicide (PHOTOS)
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five men have been arrested for their alleged involvment in a West Chester, Pa. homicide.
The five suspects were arrested for the January 25th killing of Jamal Scott.
-Sergio Droz, age 20, of 700 block of East 9th Street in Chester
-Anthony Brightwell, age 24, of 2100 block of Edgemont Avenue in Chester
-Calvin Thompson, age 21, of 500 block of Lloyd Street in Chester
-Nafis Janey, age 20, of 1400 block of Elson Road in Brookhaven
-Tyrone Palmer, age 21, of 100 block of West 22nd Street in Chester.
According to investigators, the five came to West Chester with the intent of robbing a drug dealer because they often carry cash and drugs and are unlikely to report crimes against them.
Police say Droz and Brightwell were involved in the actual shooting, while Janey drove their car, Thompson set up the deal and Palmer supplied the guns.
Surveillance video showed Brightwell getting into a car with the victim, police said, with Droz walking toward the scene just moments before the shooting.
There was some sort of struggle in the car, police said, and Brightwell fired his gun into the ceiling of the car.
Police say that's when Droz approached and fired three shots at the victim.
Brightwell allegedly grabbed a backpack with marijuana, and both he and Droz fled on foot.
Police say the five met up and split the stolen marijuana.
pennsylvania, chester county, homicide, drugs, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 11 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 7 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 9 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 5 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures