Income tax refund stolen in West Philly home invasion
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a home invasion in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Stiles Street.
The homeowner told police that a black male, dressed in all black, forced his way into his home.
The victim says, the suspect took wallets, a purse and cell phones from two men and a woman inside the house.
Police say, the woman had just cashed the check for her income tax refund on Tuesday, the money from which was also stolen.
There were no reports of injuries and the incident remains under investigation.
home invasion, west philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 45 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
5 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
45 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
51 min ago