Income tax refund stolen in West Philly home invasion
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a home invasion in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Stiles Street.
The homeowner told police that a black male, dressed in all black, forced his way into his home.
The victim says, the suspect took wallets, a purse and cell phones from two men and a woman inside the house.
Police say, the woman had just cashed the check for her income tax refund on Tuesday, the money from which was also stolen.
There were no reports of injuries and the incident remains under investigation.
home invasion, west philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police