Income tax refund stolen in West Philly home invasion
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a home invasion in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Stiles Street.
The homeowner told police that a black male, dressed in all black, forced his way into his home.
The victim says, the suspect took wallets, a purse and cell phones from two men and a woman inside the house.
Police say, the woman had just cashed the check for her income tax refund on Tuesday, the money from which was also stolen.
There were no reports of injuries and the incident remains under investigation.
home invasion, west philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 25 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 13 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 14 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 18 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
11 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
18 min ago