Income tax refund stolen in West Philly home invasion
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a home invasion in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Stiles Street.
The homeowner told police that a black male, dressed in all black, forced his way into his home.
The victim says, the suspect took wallets, a purse and cell phones from two men and a woman inside the house.
Police say, the woman had just cashed the check for her income tax refund on Tuesday, the money from which was also stolen.
There were no reports of injuries and the incident remains under investigation.
home invasion, west philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 11 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
23 min ago