Income tax refund stolen in West Philly home invasion
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a home invasion in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 3:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Stiles Street.
The homeowner told police that a black male, dressed in all black, forced his way into his home.
The victim says, the suspect took wallets, a purse and cell phones from two men and a woman inside the house.
Police say, the woman had just cashed the check for her income tax refund on Tuesday, the money from which was also stolen.
There were no reports of injuries and the incident remains under investigation.
home invasion, west philadelphia, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 50 min ago