New Jersey State Park Ranger crashes car, lands in lake
SHAMONG, N.J. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a New Jersey State Park Ranger crashed his car and landed in a lake in Shamong Township late Tuesday night.
The accident occurred around 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of Atsion and Willow Grove Roads.
Authorities say the Ranger slid on slippery roads, flipped over, and landed into the Atsion Lake.
A passing motorist noticed the lights on the car sticking out of the water and called police.
Firefighters and police crews arrived and removed the Ranger from the vehicle.
He was taken to Atlanticare Hospital in Hammonton, New Jersey where he was treated and released.
accident, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Pedestrian struck by car in Milford, Del. gets cited
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen