New Jersey State Park Ranger crashes car, lands in lake
SHAMONG, N.J. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a New Jersey State Park Ranger crashed his car and landed in a lake in Shamong Township late Tuesday night.
The accident occurred around 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of Atsion and Willow Grove Roads.
Authorities say the Ranger slid on slippery roads, flipped over, and landed into the Atsion Lake.
A passing motorist noticed the lights on the car sticking out of the water and called police.
Firefighters and police crews arrived and removed the Ranger from the vehicle.
He was taken to Atlanticare Hospital in Hammonton, New Jersey where he was treated and released.
accident, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 54 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 29 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 1 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's