Frankford accident leaves woman, 76, dead
FRANKFORD - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was struck and killed while crossing Aramingo Avenue in Philadelphia's Frankford section early Wednesday morning.
It happened just before 6:30 a.m. in the 4500 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the 76-year-old victim was struck by a pick-up truck while crossing the street.
She was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Police say the male driver did stop. He was being questioned by investigators.
No charges have been filed.
The investigation continues.
accident, pedestrian struck, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator