Frankford accident leaves woman, 76, dead
FRANKFORD - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was struck and killed while crossing Aramingo Avenue in Philadelphia's Frankford section early Wednesday morning.
It happened just before 6:30 a.m. in the 4500 block of Aramingo Avenue.
Police say the 76-year-old victim was struck by a pick-up truck while crossing the street.
She was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Police say the male driver did stop. He was being questioned by investigators.
No charges have been filed.
The investigation continues.
accident, pedestrian struck, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 21 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
30 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
50 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
43 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos