Pedestrian killed by hit-and-run driver in Dover
DOVER, Del. (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say a 38-year-old man was killed by a hit-and-run driver.
Police say the vehicle was heading south on South DuPont Highway Tuesday night when it struck Curt Burns, who was trying to cross the southbound lanes. The Dover resident was thrown onto the shoulder after the vehicle hit him. He died at a hospital.
Police say the vehicle fled without stopping. The type of vehicle is unknown.
pedestrian struck, dover, delaware, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 23 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more