Woman found dead off I-95 had brain aneurysm
NEWPORT, Del. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The woman found dead in a car off I-95 earlier this week in Newport, Delaware suffered a brain aneurysm.
Kristy Long, 29, of Wilmington, was found in her 1996 Honda Accord at the ramp to Route 141 off I-95 south.
Kristy's 18-month-old daughter was found still strapped in a car seat and taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
On Wednesday Kristy Long's mother, Doreena Long, said her daughter was on her way to work and was set to drop the toddler off.
The last time she heard from her, just before 10:30 a.m., Doreena Long said Kristy expected to be at her house in ten minutes.
When an hour went by and Kristy hadn't arrived, relatives started searching for her.
Doreena said she called Kristy's phone.
"I said, 'Kristy please answer mommy' and she never answered," Doreena said.
Doreena said Kristy's boyfriend arrived as the scene just as medics were taking Kristy's body to an ambulance.
"I told everybody to look at hospitals, police stations, but nobody knew where she was. Then, two hours later, I got the phone call," Doreena said through tears. "She was my life and I want my baby back."
During the interview, Kristy Long's cousin told Action News they had just received a phone call, informing them that Kristy had died of a brain aneurysm. That news was confirmed by the medical examiner's office.
Kristy's family said she had no apparent health problems prior to this crash.
Doreena Long said Kristy also had a 9-year-old daughter.
Funeral services are set for Monday at Strano &: Feeley Funeral Home.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Temps soar above normal 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 36 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion