Bensalem buyback nets 586 weapons
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Bensalem Township Police Department has totaled up the results of their gun buyback program.
Gun owners handed in weapons, no questions asked, on February 6th and the 16th, and received $50 to $200, depending on the type of weapon.
Today, police say they received 586 firearms - guns that will never be stolen or sold on the street.
The weapons included 9 assault rifles, and 152 semiautomatic handguns.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, guns, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 29 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 33 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
26 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
29 min ago
- Pranksters fake kidnapping of little boy
24 min ago