2 charged in Pemberton man's murder
PEMBERTON, N.J. - February 20 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men have been charged in the murder of a Pemberton, New Jersey man.
Ryan Sweet, 19, and Brandon Dixon, 25, both of Pemberton, were charged on Wednesday in the death of 23-year-old Charles Bauer.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said the suspects arranged to meet Bauer at Sweet's home, with the intention of stealing his vehicle.
Once there, investigators say, Bauer was killed and his body was taken to Union Pond in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest.
His body was found on January 26th.
Further details about the crime are not being released, officials said, because the case remains under investigation.
Bail for Sweet and Dixon was set at $750,000 with no 10 percent option.
Three other men - Patrick Bush, 47; Paul Martell, 20; and Andrew Baith, 19 - were previously charged with desecrating human remains in this case.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 47 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 28 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ