West Chester to post 'quiet zone' signs
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Quiet zone signs will soon be popping up in downtown West Chester.
Borough council members approved the purchase of more than 200 signs Wednesday night.
They will be placed in areas near the West Chester University campus.
The so-called "quiet zone" will be in effect between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Violators face a minimum $250 fine.
City residents have long complained about student noise.
pennsylvania, west chester, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands