Driver dies in fiery Camden crash
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman died in a fiery crash in Camden, New Jersey early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:30 a.m. on Admiral Wilson Boulevard at Baird Boulevard.
Authorities say a woman lost control of her car, struck a concrete barrier and wall, causing the car to catch on fire.
Rescue crews had to pull the trapped woman from the vehicle.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead.
Police have not identified the victim.
There is no word on what may have caused the driver to lose control of her vehicle.
accident, fire, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 10 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 44 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 43 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 50 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
30 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos