Driver dies in fiery Camden crash
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman died in a fiery crash in Camden, New Jersey early Thursday morning.
The accident happened around 12:30 a.m. on Admiral Wilson Boulevard at Baird Boulevard.
Authorities say a woman lost control of her car, struck a concrete barrier and wall, causing the car to catch on fire.
Rescue crews had to pull the trapped woman from the vehicle.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead.
Police have not identified the victim.
There is no word on what may have caused the driver to lose control of her vehicle.
accident, fire, camden, new jersey, local/state
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 34 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 21 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 27 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor