North Philadelphia hit-and-run leaves 2 hurt
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a hit-and-run driver, fleeing from police, struck a car head-on and injured two people in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The crash happened just after midnight in the 2700 block of North 16th Street.
Police say they had stopped a vehicle that was travelling the wrong way down the one way street when the driver suddenly sped off.
While fleeing police, the suspect's vehicle struck a car head-on, injuring the two people inside.
The driver of the striking vehicle then fled the scene on foot.
A 23-year-old woman and 22-year-old man were taken to the hospital in stable condition
Police are searching for the driver who remains on the loose.
north philadelphia, hit and run, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 45 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ