North Philadelphia hit-and-run leaves 2 hurt
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a hit-and-run driver, fleeing from police, struck a car head-on and injured two people in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The crash happened just after midnight in the 2700 block of North 16th Street.
Police say they had stopped a vehicle that was travelling the wrong way down the one way street when the driver suddenly sped off.
While fleeing police, the suspect's vehicle struck a car head-on, injuring the two people inside.
The driver of the striking vehicle then fled the scene on foot.
A 23-year-old woman and 22-year-old man were taken to the hospital in stable condition
Police are searching for the driver who remains on the loose.
north philadelphia, hit and run, philadelphia, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos