Georgetown teacher accused of 'sexting' student
GEORGETOWN, Del. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teacher at Sussex Technical High School has been charged with sending sexually explicit text messages to a female student.
State police say 36-year-old Stanley Zakrociemski of Millsboro was charged Wednesday with five counts of sexual solicitation of a child.
Although the student is now 18, police say Zakrociemski started sending her text messages of a sexual nature starting last March, when she was 17.
Police say the relationship between the student and the teacher never became physical.
Police say he kept sending the texts for nearly a year until a school employee became aware of them.
Zakrociemski turned himself in on Wednesday and was being held on $100,000 bond.
delaware, sexting, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
3 min ago