NJ woman took cab to armed robbery, police say
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in southern New Jersey say a woman needed a ride in order to go and rob a drugstore, so she hopped in a cab.
The caper didn't end well.
Police in Gloucester Township say Lauren Bianco pulled a gun at a Rite Aid store Tuesday night and fled with about $100. Problem was, when she tried to jump back into the taxi while being pursued by the store's manager, the cab driver locked the doors.
Inside the cab were Bianco's pocketbook with her identification. Police say a female friend also was along for the ride, though she wasn't involved in the robbery.
Bianco caught a ride to her home in Camden but later turned herself in. She's charged with armed robbery and was being held on $250,000 cash bail.
camden, robbery, new jersey, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 39 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition