Walgreens robbed by masked gunmen in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are searching for two masked gunmen who held up a Walgreens Pharmacy in Wilmington.
It happened at 9:24 p.m. Wednesday at the Walgreens in the 3300 block of Lancaster Pike.
Investigators say the two men walked into the store, both pulled out handguns and one fired a shot into the ceiling and demanded money.
The cashier complied, and both men fled.
Police have released the following description of the suspects:
Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 5'11" tall, 185 pounds, wearing dark clothing and a maskle). Armed with a handgun.
Suspect 2: Black male, approximately 5'8" tall, 170 pounds, wearing a light color coat and a mask. Armed with a handgun.
This is the third robbery of a Walgreens in Wilmington since the beginning of the year. Police say while the crimes are similar, it is not clear if they are related.
State Police are asking anyone with information about this crime to contact the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 extension 6.
Citizens may also provide a tip by texting keyword "DSP" plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES), or through lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333. Information can also be submitted through the internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, robbery, wilmington, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 35 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies