Walgreens robbed by masked gunmen in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are searching for two masked gunmen who held up a Walgreens Pharmacy in Wilmington.
It happened at 9:24 p.m. Wednesday at the Walgreens in the 3300 block of Lancaster Pike.
Investigators say the two men walked into the store, both pulled out handguns and one fired a shot into the ceiling and demanded money.
The cashier complied, and both men fled.
Police have released the following description of the suspects:
Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 5'11" tall, 185 pounds, wearing dark clothing and a maskle). Armed with a handgun.
Suspect 2: Black male, approximately 5'8" tall, 170 pounds, wearing a light color coat and a mask. Armed with a handgun.
This is the third robbery of a Walgreens in Wilmington since the beginning of the year. Police say while the crimes are similar, it is not clear if they are related.
State Police are asking anyone with information about this crime to contact the Robbery Unit at Troop 2 at 302-834-2630 extension 6.
Citizens may also provide a tip by texting keyword "DSP" plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES), or through lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333. Information can also be submitted through the internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, robbery, wilmington, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape