New Castle Co. fiery 1-car crash kills one person
NORTH STAR, Del. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead following a fiery single-car crash in North Star, New Castle County.
It happened before 7:30 a.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Thompson Station Road.
Police say a sedan ran off the road, hit a tree and burst into flames.
The driver did not make it out alive. That person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body has been turned over to the Delaware State Medical Examiner's Office for identification.
The crash is under investigation.
delaware, accident, fire, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list