New Castle Co. fiery 1-car crash kills one person
NORTH STAR, Del. - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead following a fiery single-car crash in North Star, New Castle County.
It happened before 7:30 a.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Thompson Station Road.
Police say a sedan ran off the road, hit a tree and burst into flames.
The driver did not make it out alive. That person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body has been turned over to the Delaware State Medical Examiner's Office for identification.
The crash is under investigation.
delaware, accident, fire, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator