Hotel drug raid yields four suspects, heroin, guns, child (PHOTOS)
MILFORD, Del. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people are behind bars after a drug raid at a hotel in Milford, Delaware.
Acting on a tip late Wednesday night, Delaware State Police and drug agents from the Kent County Governor's Task Force descended on the Super 8 Hotel on Bay Road north of Milford.
Police raided room number 210 and found more than 400 bundles of heroin, dozens of prescription drugs, marijuana, 2 handguns, and more than $1100 in suspected drug money.
They also found a three-year-old child in the room.
Arrested were Melissa Summers, 27, of Houston Delaware, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant; Jemal Greene, 39, of Dover, Delaware; Megan Maloney, 19, of Harrington, Delaware; and Robin Walls, 24 of Harrington, Delaware.
All four were charged with drug and weapons offenses and endangering the welfare of a child.
All are now behind bars on bail amounts ranging from $41,000 to $61,500.
The child was turned over to relatives at the scene.
delaware, drugs, guns, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book