Husband, wife arrested with 6,000 bags of heroin, guns, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A husband and wife from Wilmington are behind bars after police say they caught them with nearly 6,000 bags of heroin and an arsenal of guns.
Kevin Harris, 36, and Shauntai Harris, 30, are charged with a long list of drug and weapons offenses.
Police say they discovered the stash when officers stopped the pair in the 500 block of North Franklin Street a week ago.
Investigators say they seized an AK-47 assault rifle and other weapons, along with $59,000 worth of drugs.
Both are behind bars.
Bail for Kevin Harris, a convicted felon, was set at $5 million. Bail for Shauntai Harris was set at $431,100.
delaware, drugs, guns, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 30 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 11 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
36 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
1 min ago