Female Valentine's Day credit card thieves caught on camera
NEWARK, Del. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help nabbing a pair of female credit card thieves caught on camera in Newark, Delaware.
They struck on Valentine's Day at the Panera Bread restaurant in the 100 block of East Main Street.
Police say sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. the women stole a wallet and credit cards from one Panera customer, and credit cards from another.
The women used the stolen cards a short time later at the AT and T and Walking Company stores in the Christiana Mall.
They tried to use them at the Baby Gap as well, but took off when an employee requested identification.
Newark Police released three surveillance pictures and the following descriptions of the suspects:
Suspect 1: Black female, 30-40 years old, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, and a tan cap.
Suspect 2: Black female, 30-40 years old, wearing a black jacket and blue cap.
Police say both women were carrying bags from the Walking Company that contained multiple pairs of UGG footwear.
Anyone with information about this crime or these suspects is asked to contact Newark Police Officer Paul Lawrence at 302-366-7110 ext. 464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anonymous tips can be sent by texting 302NPD and your message to TIP411.
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com. A reward may be available.
delaware, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 23 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally