Fugitive dad, and baby, found in Upper Darby
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from the Pittsburgh area was arrested in Upper Darby after fleeing with his 6-month-old son.
Edward Johnson was taken into custody in the 500 block of 69th Street.
They say Johnson does not have custody of his baby boy, but took him anyway.
When the two first vanished, police in Upper Darby were contacted by authorities in Allegheny County.
Police say they were able to track Johnson to his mother's home, in Upper Darby, using the GPS signal on his cell phone.
Authorities are working to reunite the baby with his mother.
pennsylvania, delaware county, upper darby, missing children, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases