Lehigh Co. driver killed in propane truck crash
LYNN TWP, Pa. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a propane truck was killed when his vehicle crashed along a road in Lehigh County.
It happened around 1:30 Friday afternoon on the 8400 block of Gun Club Road in Lynn Township.
Authorities say the driver of the truck was traveling into the northbound lane and there was a curve in the roadway.
The truck went back into the southbound lane and the passenger side struck an embankment.
Officials say the truck turned and went into the northbound lane again when it flipped onto the driver side.
The truck continued to slide about 50 feet before striking a tree.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, accident, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 46 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 36 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 7 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos