Lehigh Co. driver killed in propane truck crash
LYNN TWP, Pa. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a propane truck was killed when his vehicle crashed along a road in Lehigh County.
It happened around 1:30 Friday afternoon on the 8400 block of Gun Club Road in Lynn Township.
Authorities say the driver of the truck was traveling into the northbound lane and there was a curve in the roadway.
The truck went back into the southbound lane and the passenger side struck an embankment.
Officials say the truck turned and went into the northbound lane again when it flipped onto the driver side.
The truck continued to slide about 50 feet before striking a tree.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, accident, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 59 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 52 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
59 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
52 min ago