Lehigh Co. driver killed in propane truck crash
LYNN TWP, Pa. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a propane truck was killed when his vehicle crashed along a road in Lehigh County.
It happened around 1:30 Friday afternoon on the 8400 block of Gun Club Road in Lynn Township.
Authorities say the driver of the truck was traveling into the northbound lane and there was a curve in the roadway.
The truck went back into the southbound lane and the passenger side struck an embankment.
Officials say the truck turned and went into the northbound lane again when it flipped onto the driver side.
The truck continued to slide about 50 feet before striking a tree.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, accident, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad