Gloucester Co. man dies in police custody
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are looking into a death of a man shortly after he was taken into police custody.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says that 47-year-old Rodney Terry of Williamstown was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Thursday after police in Lawnside saw him throwing rocks at a home and yelling.
Authorities say he was handcuffed and put in the back of a police cruiser and that officers called an ambulance because of his behavior.
They say that when emergency medical conditions arrived, he had stopped breathing.
The cause of death has not been determined.
new jersey, camden county, police, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 26 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 47 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013