Gloucester Co. man dies in police custody
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are looking into a death of a man shortly after he was taken into police custody.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says that 47-year-old Rodney Terry of Williamstown was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Thursday after police in Lawnside saw him throwing rocks at a home and yelling.
Authorities say he was handcuffed and put in the back of a police cruiser and that officers called an ambulance because of his behavior.
They say that when emergency medical conditions arrived, he had stopped breathing.
The cause of death has not been determined.
new jersey, camden county, police, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 14 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 39 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 50 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 47 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 46 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 37 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
39 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
50 min ago