Gloucester Co. man dies in police custody
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are looking into a death of a man shortly after he was taken into police custody.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says that 47-year-old Rodney Terry of Williamstown was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Thursday after police in Lawnside saw him throwing rocks at a home and yelling.
Authorities say he was handcuffed and put in the back of a police cruiser and that officers called an ambulance because of his behavior.
They say that when emergency medical conditions arrived, he had stopped breathing.
The cause of death has not been determined.
new jersey, camden county, police, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man