Gloucester Co. man dies in police custody
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are looking into a death of a man shortly after he was taken into police custody.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says that 47-year-old Rodney Terry of Williamstown was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Thursday after police in Lawnside saw him throwing rocks at a home and yelling.
Authorities say he was handcuffed and put in the back of a police cruiser and that officers called an ambulance because of his behavior.
They say that when emergency medical conditions arrived, he had stopped breathing.
The cause of death has not been determined.
new jersey, camden county, police, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 56 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish