Gloucester Co. man dies in police custody
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities are looking into a death of a man shortly after he was taken into police custody.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office says that 47-year-old Rodney Terry of Williamstown was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Thursday after police in Lawnside saw him throwing rocks at a home and yelling.
Authorities say he was handcuffed and put in the back of a police cruiser and that officers called an ambulance because of his behavior.
They say that when emergency medical conditions arrived, he had stopped breathing.
The cause of death has not been determined.
new jersey, camden county, police, local/state
- Fmr. Chester County teacher faces child porn charges 3 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 4 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 16 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 5 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos