Police ID man killed on I-495
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the man struck and killed in Wilmington on Saturday.
The victim is identified as 47-year-old John T. Davis of Wilmington.
Police say a tanker truck struck Davis who was standing on the roadway of I-495 near Route 13 just after 1:00 a.m.
Investigators say the driver of the truck was traveling northbound on I-495 and says he did not see Davis who was wearing dark clothing when he was hit.
The impact caused Davis to land in the center lane of northbound I-495 where he was struck a second time by a Honda Accord.
Davis pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say both vehicles remained at the scene. The drivers were not injured.
The northbound lanes of I-495 were shutdown during the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 30 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 37 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash