Police ID man killed on I-495
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the man struck and killed in Wilmington on Saturday.
The victim is identified as 47-year-old John T. Davis of Wilmington.
Police say a tanker truck struck Davis who was standing on the roadway of I-495 near Route 13 just after 1:00 a.m.
Investigators say the driver of the truck was traveling northbound on I-495 and says he did not see Davis who was wearing dark clothing when he was hit.
The impact caused Davis to land in the center lane of northbound I-495 where he was struck a second time by a Honda Accord.
Davis pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say both vehicles remained at the scene. The drivers were not injured.
The northbound lanes of I-495 were shutdown during the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
1 min ago