Police ID man killed on I-495
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the man struck and killed in Wilmington on Saturday.
The victim is identified as 47-year-old John T. Davis of Wilmington.
Police say a tanker truck struck Davis who was standing on the roadway of I-495 near Route 13 just after 1:00 a.m.
Investigators say the driver of the truck was traveling northbound on I-495 and says he did not see Davis who was wearing dark clothing when he was hit.
The impact caused Davis to land in the center lane of northbound I-495 where he was struck a second time by a Honda Accord.
Davis pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say both vehicles remained at the scene. The drivers were not injured.
The northbound lanes of I-495 were shutdown during the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1