Mom seeking 'fresh start' left baby in woods, police say
WILMERDING, Pa. (AP) - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania mother seeking a "fresh start" abandoned her 8-month-old daughter in the woods with a bottle of milk.
Police say 24-year-old Jennifer Cutruzzula, of Wilmerding, walked into the woods Wednesday night and dropped off the baby. A neighbor who saw Curuzzula leave the woods without the child found the baby crawling on her stomach along a muddy hillside and alerted authorities.
Temperatures were in the mid-30s with light rain falling.
Police say Cutruzzula told them she was having difficulty at home and wanted "a fresh start."
Officials say the baby was taken to a hospital and is doing fine.
Cutruzzula is charged with endangering the welfare of children and recklessly endangering. She's being held on $50,000 bond.
Court papers didn't list an attorney.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized