Margate man sentenced for exposing himself to girl
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - February 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man who exposed himself to a 10-year-old girl as she rode her bike to school and then pulled her skirt down as she tried to flee has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Paul Campo must register as a sex offender under the sentence imposed Friday. The 38-year-old Margate man had pleaded guilty last September to sexual assault and luring charges on the day his trial was to start.
Atlantic County prosecutors say the April 2010 incident occurred in Linwood. The girl was riding on a bike path when Campo lured her to a home, then exposed and fondled himself.
Campo grabbed the girl's skirt and pulled it down as she rode off, but she was able to pull it up and escape him.
new jersey, atlantic county, sex assault, luring, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall