Margate man sentenced for exposing himself to girl
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - February 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man who exposed himself to a 10-year-old girl as she rode her bike to school and then pulled her skirt down as she tried to flee has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Paul Campo must register as a sex offender under the sentence imposed Friday. The 38-year-old Margate man had pleaded guilty last September to sexual assault and luring charges on the day his trial was to start.
Atlantic County prosecutors say the April 2010 incident occurred in Linwood. The girl was riding on a bike path when Campo lured her to a home, then exposed and fondled himself.
Campo grabbed the girl's skirt and pulled it down as she rode off, but she was able to pull it up and escape him.
new jersey, atlantic county, sex assault, luring, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 20 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos