Norristown police search for shooting victim
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County are investigating a possible shooting this morning in Norristown.
Police were called out to the 700 block of Astor Street about 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors say they heard gunfire and someone screaming.
Police didn't find any victim, but did find shell casings and a weapon.
Arriving officers chased a man through a rear alley. He was later apprehended hiding in a garage.
Police are now checking hospitals for someone with a gunshot wound.
pennsylvania, norristown, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 8 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 58 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
58 min ago