Norristown police search for shooting victim
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County are investigating a possible shooting this morning in Norristown.
Police were called out to the 700 block of Astor Street about 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors say they heard gunfire and someone screaming.
Police didn't find any victim, but did find shell casings and a weapon.
Arriving officers chased a man through a rear alley. He was later apprehended hiding in a garage.
Police are now checking hospitals for someone with a gunshot wound.
pennsylvania, norristown, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos