Norristown police search for shooting victim
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County are investigating a possible shooting this morning in Norristown.
Police were called out to the 700 block of Astor Street about 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors say they heard gunfire and someone screaming.
Police didn't find any victim, but did find shell casings and a weapon.
Arriving officers chased a man through a rear alley. He was later apprehended hiding in a garage.
Police are now checking hospitals for someone with a gunshot wound.
pennsylvania, norristown, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 16 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 23 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
42 min ago