Upper Darby residents bitten by the Oscars bug
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - February 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- From Hollywood to the Delaware Valley, Upper Darby was feeling the Oscar buzz as they cheered on "Silver Linings Playbook" and its actors.
Jennifer Lawrence took home the Best Actress Oscar for her role in the film.
The movie, filmed in the neighborhoods of this Delaware County community, had residents watching the Academy Awards on the edge of their seats.
At The Llanerch Diner, where key scenes were filmed with actors Jennifer Lawrence and Montgomery County's own Bradley Cooper, booth number 3 was the seat to get.
"From one phone call, it just went from one thing to another. They rented the place out for a day and a half and it's been a rollercoaster ride ever since," said Michael Mihos.
Down the road at Cawley's Irish Pub, the place was packed with South Madison Avenue residents, their houses were used in the film.
It was a celebration mixed with the glitz and glamour of the Oscars.
"We are on cloud nine, but the best experience was that everybody on Madison Avenue, we were a family before and we are a lifelong family forever and ever. It was a wonderful experience," said Jamie McCloskey.
The house of Robert DeNiro and Bradley Cooper's characters was Mary Higgins' home.
So was it like they were in her house again?
"It is absolutely," she said.
With the making of the film and the road to the Oscars, it's all been quite special for her and she's proud to have her home become a part of movie history.
"Generations that come after me, that's the one thing that meant most to me," said Higgins.
It's safe to say that Upper Darby residents would welcome another Oscar-worthy film to be shot in this area.
pennsylvania, upper darby, local/state, kenneth moton
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load