Southwest Philly blaze leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person is dead and two are injured after a row home fire in Southwest Philadelphia late Sunday night.
The fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. on the 1200 block of South 46th Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy smoke showing from the second floor.
Officials say one person jumped from the second floor window onto a neighbor's deck.
Another person was rescued from a breezeway where they took shelter to escape the flames.
The two victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
When firefighters got inside the home they disovered the body of a man.
The fire was placed under control within thirty minutes.
The names of the victims have not been released.
License and Inspection has been called to the scene to investigate.
Officials say there were no smoke alarms in the home and no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
fire, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 1 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 29 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 28 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 26 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 25 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 32 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 23 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 36 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
33 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
1 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
29 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
36 min ago